សាលក្រម ឌុច នៅលើប្រពន្ធផ្សព្វផ្សាយ ពិភពលោក ខែកក្កដា 26, 2010Posted by មេឃា in ព័ត៌មាននីត្យានុកូល.
មេឃា ៖ អង្គជំនុំសាលាដំបូង នៃ អង្គជំនុំជម្រះវិសាមញ្ញ ក្នុងតុលាការ កម្ពុជា (អ.វ.ត.ក) បាន ប្រកាស សាលក្រម សំណុំរឿង ០០១ ទាក់ទង នឹង ជនជាប់ចោទ កាំង ហ្កេកអ៊ាវ ហៅ ឌុច នៅព្រឹកម៉ិញនេះ (ថ្ងៃចន្ទ័ ទី២៦ ខែកក្កដា ឆ្នាំ២០១០) សម្រេចឲ្យ ឌុច ជាប់ពន្ធនាគារ ៣៥ ឆ្នាំ។
ក្នុងវ័យ ៦៧ វ័យ ឌុច ត្រូវបានជាប់ ចោទពីបទ ឧក្រិដ្ឋកម្មប្រឆាំង មនុស្សជាតិ ឧក្រិដ្ឋកម្មសង្គ្រាម ការធ្វើឃាតដោយគិតទុកជាមុន ដោយអនុលោមតាម ក្រមព្រហ្មទណ្ឌ កម្ពុជាឆ្នាំ ១៩៥៦។ ឌុច ត្រូវគេចាប់មកឃុំខ្លួន នៅមណ្ឌល កែប្រែ ព្រៃស ដើម្បីរង់ចាំការបង្កើត តុលាការ ពិសេស តាំងពី ថ្ងៃទី ១០ ខែឧសភា ឆ្នាំ១៩៩៩ មកម៉្លេះ ហើយ ត្រូវបានបញ្ជូនមក មន្ទីរឃុំឃាំង អ.វ.ត.ក នៅថ្ងៃទី ៣០ ខែកក្កដា ឆ្នាំ២០០៧។ សវនាការដំបូង ធ្វើនៅថ្ងៃទី ១៧ និង១៨ ខែកុម្ភៈ ឆ្នាំ២០០៩ និងបញ្ចប់នៅថ្ងៃទី ២៧ ខែវិច្ឆិកា ឆ្នាំ២០០៩។ សវនាការលើ អង្គច្បាប់ និងអង្គសេចក្តីលើ សំណុំរឿង ឌុច ប្រព្រឹត្តិទៅអស់ រយៈពេល ៧៧ ថ្ងៃ នៅចំពោះ មុខអង្គជំនុំជម្រះ សាលាដំបូង ដោយមានសាក្សី អ្នកជំនាញ ៩ នាក់ សាក្សីផ្តល់សក្ខីកម្ម អំពីអង្គហេតុ ១៧ នាក់ សាក្សី ផ្តល់សក្ខីកម្មអំពីចរិត របស់ឌុច ៧ នាក់ និងដើមបណ្តឹង រដ្ឋប្បវេណី ២២ នាក់ បានផ្តល់ចម្លើយ។
ប្រពន្ធ័ផ្សព្វផ្សាយ CTN, SEATV, TVK, CNN, NHK, France 24 ត្រូវបានចុះឈ្មោះ ផ្សាយ ផ្ទាល់អំពីព្រឹត្តិការណ៍នេះ ជាផ្លូវការ… តែវេបសាយរបស់ NHK មិនបានដាក់ប្រកាស ព័ត៌មានអំពីព្រឹត្តិការណ៍នេះជា ព័ត៌មានក្តៅៗទេ…
War crimes tribunal finds Duch guilty in Khmer Rouge genocide
By Miranda Leitsinger, CNN (July 26, 2010 — Updated 0619 GMT (1419 HKT)
Phnom Penh, Cambodia (CNN) — A man who ran a notorious torture prison where more than 14,000 people died during the Khmer Rouge regime was found guilty of war crimes Monday and sentenced to 35 years in prison.
Despite the sentence, Kaing Guek Eav, alias Duch, will serve no more than 19 years. The judge took off five years for the time Duch was illegally detained before the U.N.-backed tribunal was established, and another 11 years for the time he has already served behind bars.
The verdict against Duch also convicted him of crimes against humanity, murder and torture.
It was a historic first for the U.N.-backed war crimes tribunal. The tribunal began its work in 2007 after a decade of on-and-off negotiations between the United Nations and Cambodia over the structure and functioning of the court.
Duch, 67, was the head of the S-21 prison. Few people brought to the prison made it out alive; only about a dozen were found by the Vietnamese who invaded Cambodia in 1979.
“It’s clear that he will never be a free man again,” said Youk Chhang, director of Documentation Center of Cambodia.
Prosecutors had asked for a 45-year sentence with 5 years’ credit for time served.
The judge, in announcing Duch’s sentence, said he took into consideration that the defendant had expressed remorse, admitted responsibility and cooperated with the court
The judge also took into account the “coercive environment” of the Khmer Rouge, he said
Duch pleaded guilty, but said he was only following orders and asked for forgiveness.
In the last week of the trial, he argued that international law did not apply to him because he was following orders.
When the verdict was read, spectators in the packed courtroom turned to each other and discussed in hushed tones the significance of the sentence.
“Thirty-five years. You can’t return the lives of the people that were lost. But it’s a start,” said Collin Sam, 22, a Cambodian-American from Long Beach, California, who lost all her family members on her father’s side during the regime.
Outside the courtroom, hundreds of Cambodians gathered for the verdict and millions more watched as it was televised live.
“Today is a historic, important day for the people of Cambodia,” said Reach Sambath, the spokesman for the court.
At least 1.7 million people — nearly a quarter of Cambodia’s population — died under the 1975-1979 Khmer Rouge regime, from execution, disease, starvation and overwork, according to the Documentation Center of Cambodia.
Another four of the ultra-Maoist regime’s former leaders are waiting to see if they will stand trial before a U.N.-backed tribunal for war crimes and crimes against humanity.
Chhang, director of the documentation center, said the verdict may not suit everyone, but he thinks Cambodians will be able to turn over a new leaf.
“This is what we have, and then we must move [on]. We have our own identity now, our own family, our own society now. We have to build it, make it strong, to prevent [the past] from happening” again,” he said.
Khmer Rouge prison chief Duch found guilty
Guy Delauney BBC News, Phnom Penh
Former Khmer Rouge prison chief Duch has been found guilty of crimes against humanity by Cambodia’s UN-backed war crimes tribunal.
Duch, 67, whose full name is Kaing Guek Eav, was sentenced to 35 years in prison.
He had admitted overseeing the torture and execution of thousands of men, women and children at the notorious Tuol Sleng prison, and asked for forgiveness.
This is the tribunal’s first verdict.
Prosecutors had asked the judges for a 40-year prison sentence.
However Duch will not serve the full 35 allotted years – judges reduced the sentence by five years because he had been held illegally, and reduced it by a further 11 years for time already served behind bars.
Wearing a blue shirt, the former Khmer Rouge jailer looked pensive and slumped in his chair as proceedings were held behind a huge bullet-proof screen.
Reading out the sentence, the president of the five-judge panel said it reflected the “shocking and heinous” nature of the offences.
Crowds of Cambodians attended the specially built court on the outskirts of the capital, Phnom Penh, to hear the verdict, which was also broadcast live across the country.
Some said they wanted a tougher sentence. “I can’t accept this,” Saodi Ouch, 46, told the Associated Press news agency. “My family died… my older sister, my older brother. I’m the only one left.”
Duch ran Tuol Sleng prison, where “enemies” of the Khmer Rouge regime were sent.
At the scene
Guy Delauney BBC News, Phnom Penh
A sense of justice after 30 years mingled with disappointment at the sentence handed down to Duch.
The judges deducted 16 years from the time the former prison chief must serve after being found guilty of crimes against humanity. Some for time already served, the rest because they ruled Duch had been held in pre-trial detention too long.
It was received as an insult by some people who had lived through the horrors of the Pol Pot era. At least one man left the court in disgust.
Others at least found satisfaction that after three decades, a significant member of the Khmer Rouge had at last been brought to account. Now they hope that other trials will follow.
Members of some of the groups which were specifically targeted by the Khmer Rouge were in court. Orange-robed Buddhist monks and Cham Muslims wearing white skull caps gathered round a big screen TV outside the main chamber.
Up to two million people died because of the policies of the Khmer Rouge, which ruled Cambodia from 1975-1979.
They included the evacuation of cities, forced labour in the rice fields and the summary execution of those considered enemies of the revolution.
The group’s top leader, “Brother Number One” Pol Pot, died in 1998.
Duch, the first of five surviving senior figures of the Khmer Rouge to go on trial, was widely expected to be found guilty of war crimes and crimes against humanity by the court.
Despite acknowledging his role he played at Tuol Sleng, codenamed “S-21”, he insisted that he had only been following orders from his superiors, and on the trial’s final day in November shocked many by asking to be acquitted.
But prosecutors said the former maths teacher ordered the use of brutal torture methods to extract “confessions” from detainees – including pulling out toenails and administering electric shocks – and approved all the executions.
A meticulous record-keeper, Duch built up a huge archive of photos, confessions and other evidence documenting those held at Tuol Sleng.
In one memo he kept, a guard asked him what to do with six boys and three girls accused of being traitors. He replied: “Kill every last one.”
After the Khmer Rouge were overthrown, Duch disappeared for almost two decades, living under various aliases in north-western Cambodia and converting to Christianity. His chance discovery by a British journalist led to his arrest in 1999.
Only about a dozen people who were held at Tuol Sleng are thought to have survived, three of whom are still alive. Up to 17,000 people are believed to have died there.
The other Khmer Rouge leaders awaiting trial are “Brother Number Two” Nuon Chea, former head of state Khieu Samphan, former foreign minister Ieng Sary and his wife Ieng Thirith, the minister of social affairs.
Khmer Rouge prison chief sentenced to 35 years in jail
By Martin Petty and Prak Chan Thul
(Reuters) – A U.N.-backed tribunal sentenced a senior member of the Khmer Rouge to 35 years in prison on Monday in its first verdict three decades after the “Killing Fields” revolution tore Cambodia apart.
The verdict was short of the maximum 40 years sought by the prosecution and of the life behind bars demanded by many Cambodians who have struggled for decades to find closure for one of the darkest chapters of the 20th century.
Kaing Guek Eav, known as Duch, was found guilty of murder, torture, rape, inhumane acts, crimes against humanity and other charges for running a prison that symbolized the horrors of the ultra-communist regime blamed for 1.7 million deaths in 1975-79.
The 67-year-old the former schoolteacher, who admitted to overseeing the torture and killing of more than 14,000 people, will only serve 30 years because the court ruled he was held illegally by the Cambodian military from 1999 to 2007.
Duch betrayed no emotion as the verdict was read but some Cambodians wept loudly in the courtroom.
“There is no justice. I wanted life imprisonment for Duch,” said Hong Sovath, 47, sobbing. Her father, a diplomat, was killed in the prison. Khan Mony, whose aunt was executed after passing through the Duch’s jail, said he was devastated.
“The verdict is not fair. This warranted life. Duch killed so many people. If this court was fair, people would have been calm and accepted this,” she said.
The court said at least 12,273 people were killed at Duch’s Tuol Sleng prison, a converted high school also known as S-21 but acknowledged the number could be as high as 14,000.
“The chamber has decided there are significant mitigating factors that mandate a finite term imprisonment rather than life imprisonment,” the tribunal’s president said, citing Duch’s expressions of remorse and cooperation with the court.
Thousands huddled around televisions in cafes and homes to watch live broadcasts of the verdict, the first by the joint U.N.-Cambodian court set up to end decades of silence over atrocities committed by the Khmer Rouge.
Now a born-again Christian, Duch had expressed “excruciating remorse” for the S-21 victims, most of them tortured and forced to confess to spying and other crimes before they were bludgeoned at the “Killing Fields” execution sites during the agrarian revolution, which ended with a 1979 invasion by Vietnam.
Some have expressed hope the verdict would finally give the impoverished nation a chance to move forward — and a chance for investors to gauge whether rule of law has taken root in one of Asia’s most promising frontier markets.
Justice, however, could be elusive. Duch’s case is clear-cut and only the start. More controversy awaits when, or if, four other cadres indicted by the court are finally tried.
The cases of former President Khieu Samphan, “Brother Number Two” Nuon Chea, ex-Foreign Minister Ieng Sary and his wife, Ieng Thirith are highly complex and politicized. Many fear they may never go to trial, or they might die before seeing a courtroom.
Standing in the way of justice, analysts say, is not just the excessive bureaucracy and a drawn-out legal process, but a powerful single-party government that has never fully backed the tribunal and has historical ties to the Khmer Rouge.
Many former Khmer Rouge members are now part of Cambodia’s civil service and occupy top positions in provincial and central government and experts say they are keen to curtail the court’s progress and limit the scope of future investigations.
Long-serving Prime Minister Hun Sen is himself a former Khmer Rouge foot soldier who says he defected to eventual conquerors Vietnam. He has warned of another civil war if the court expands its probes into the horrors of Pol Pot’s “year zero” revolution.
Finance Minister Keat Chhon has also admitted his involvement as an interpreter for late Khmer Rouge leader Pol Pot, while Foreign Minister Hor Namhong has been accused of having Khmer Rouge connections and heading a detention center. He denies the claims.
Khmer Rouge prison chief ‘Duch’ found guilty
A UN-backed war crimes tribunal in Cambodia sentenced the former Khmer Rouge prison chief known as “Duch” on Monday to 35 years for murder and torture as well as crimes against humanity as chief of the notorious Tuol Sleng prison in the 1970s.
ដោយ យន់ សាមៀន
អង្គជំនុំជម្រះវិសាមញ្ញក្នុងតុលាការកម្ពុជា បានប្រកាសសាលក្រមផ្ដន្ទាទោស អតីតមេគុកទួលស្លែង កាំង ហ្កេកអ៊ាវ ហៅ ឌុច ឲ្យជាប់ពន្ធនាគារចំនួន ៣៥ឆ្នាំ។
ដោយសារ ឌុច ត្រូវតុលាការយោធាខ្មែរឃុំខ្លួនលើសនីតិវិធីចំនួន ៩ឆ្នាំ និងត្រូវសាលាក្ដីខ្មែរក្រហមឃុំខ្លួនបណ្ដោះអាសន្នចំនួន ៣ឆ្នាំ ហើយសាលាក្ដីខ្មែរក្រហមបានកាត់បន្ថយទោស ឌុច ចំនួន ៥ឆ្នាំ ក្នុងចំណោម ៣៥ឆ្នាំ ដូច្នេះ ឌុច អាចនឹងជាប់ពន្ធនាគារប្រហែល ១៨ឆ្នាំ៕
តុលាការកាត់ទោស ឌុច ជាប់ពន្ធនាគារ៣៥ឆ្នាំ
អំបាញ់មិញនេះ បើតាមព័ត៌មានភ្លាមៗដែលយើងទទួលបាន លោក កាំង ហ្កេចអ៊ាវ ហៅសមមិត្ដ
ឌុច ត្រូវបានតុលាការខ្មែរក្រហមកាត់ទោសឲ្យជាប់ពន្ធនាគារ ៣៥ឆ្នាំ។
លោក ឌុច ឥឡូវនេះ មានអាយុ៦៧ឆ្នាំហើយ។ កាលដើមឡើយ បណ្ដាព្រះរាជអាជ្ញា ចង់ឲ្យ
ដំណើរការកាត់ទោសនេះ ត្រូវចំណាយពេល១០ឆ្នាំ និងថវិកា ១០០លានដុល្លារ។