J/A : Program Assistant of NDI ខែមិថុនា 17, 2010Posted by មេឃា in Job Advertisement, Media Specialist.
National Democratic Institute
The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is seeking a motivated and energetic Cambodian national for the position of Program Assistant for its policy-focused constituency dialogue, political party dialogue, and elections programs. NDI is an international non-governmental organization dedicated to the strengthening of democracy worldwide and has worked in Cambodia since 1992.
Responsibilities: The position of Program Assistant is based in Phnom Penh with domestic travel. NDI works with political parties, members of the National Assembly (MNAs), and local NGO partners to organize constituency dialogues with members of the National Assembly, political party dialogues, and candidate debates (during the official campaign period). The Institute will also be conducting election-related programs, such as a voter registration audit and election monitoring. The Program Assistant will assist with many of these activities, but will be primarily responsible for the constituency dialogue program.
- Arranging meetings and CD events in cooperation with NGO partners and community volunteers (CVs);
- Setting up audio equipment and overseeing stage management;
- Managing all technical video/audio equipment; editing tapes for radio production;
- Preparing program and meeting materials and helping draft reports on events and meetings;
- Liaising with political parties, members of the National Assembly (MNAs), local authorities and government officials, civil society organizations, NGO partners, community volunteers, and relevant stakeholders;
- Assisting in monitoring and evaluating the progress of program activities. Provide recommendations on program design or implementation to the Senior Program Officer, Program Officer, and/or Resident Country Director;
- Providing interpretation services in meetings, dialogues, and national seminars;
- Aiding with program administrative and financial reconciliations; and
- Performing other tasks as requested by the Senior Program Officer.
- At least 3-5 years working experience in the areas of democracy and governance (elections, civic organizing, party development, legislative support, media coverage, etc.);
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field;
- Fluency in English;
- Excellent understanding of Cambodian politics;
- Organizational, logistical, and report writing skills (in English);
- Technical expertise in media production Filming/recording/editing; competent with a wide range of audio/video equipment;
- Competent with major computer programs;
- Willingness to travel (domestic);
- Training and facilitation experience a must;
- Good relationships with members of the National Assembly and high ranking government
Interested candidates must submit their CV and cover letter no later than 25 June, 2010 at 5:00pm to No 21A Street 352 Khan Chamkamorn Phnom Penh, Attention Ms. SIEK Bopha or via e-mail: email@example.com. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Women are encouraged to apply.
(Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and skills, and a comprehensive benefits package is available. The period of employment commences in May 2010, with a three month probation period.)
Source : NDI Mailing list