J/A : Program Officer of the Good Governance Program (CLEC) ខែមិថុនា 17, 2010Posted by មេឃា in Job Advertisement, Legal Specialist.
The Community Legal Education Center (CLEC) is a Cambodian non-governmental organization working on promoting the Rule of Law, Justice and Democracy by supporting development of appropriate institutions of justice, enhancing public knowledge of and encouraging participation in governance and the legal system, and advocating for good governance to achieve justice, peace and social harmony for all Cambodians.
The CLEC currently is seeking a qualified Cambodian candidate to fill a position of Program Officer of the Good Governance Program. As a Program Officer of the Good Governance Program s/he will have :
MAIN RESPONIBILITIES :
– To develop training materials on Good Governance
– To provide training on Good Governance to grassroots level
– To provide support to community initiatives in demand for good governance
– To organize best practice sharing meeting on demand for good governance
– To collect and analyze draft policies/laws with NGO partners and constituencies on collective recommendations
– To develop dissemination materials of draft policies/law for aware raising to communities and NGO partners
– To facilitate community consultation meetings on draft policies/laws
– To support the community advocacy on inputs to draft policies/laws, public decision making
– To assist in ensuring effective monitoring and evaluation of the good governance program
QUALIFICATION REQUIRED :
– At least Bachelor’s decree in law or social sciences,
– Hands-on experience in working on promoting good governance is a plus
– At least 2 year’s experience in community development/community empowerment work
– Experience of providing legal trainings and facilitating workshops in communities
– At least 1 year’s experience in policy research and advocacy work
– Good in spoken and written English
– Computer literacy in Microsoft Office
– Good communication and interpersonal skills
– Team spirit, good attitude of service and willingness to travel to program site.
Please send CV, cover letter to CLEC, #54, Street 306, Sangkat Boeng Keng Kang I, Khan Cham Kar Mon, Phnom Penh. Deadline : 5 pm, June 24, 2010. CVs will not be returned. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and required for interview. CLEC strives to achieve gender balance in the workplace.
WOMEN ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Source : The Cambodia Daily,
Published : Wednesday, June 16, 2010 (Page. 17)