J/A : English Training Specialist ខែឧសភា 31, 2010Posted by មេឃា in English Specialist, Job Advertisement.
English Training Specialist
Digital Divide Data bridges the divide that separates young people from opportunity by providing disadvantaged youth in Cambodia and Laos with the education and training they need to deliver world class, competitively priced IT services to global clients, acquire essential business management skills, and break the cycle of poverty.
DDD is now seeking a qualified candidate to be the English Training Specialist.
Key responsibilities :
- Develop and implement English curriculum, training materials, student monitoring and administration processes, and a training program for English teachers.
- Oversee recruitment and selection of local English teachers and ensure selected candidates meet skills and competency requirements and conduct training and capacity building to English teachers so that they effectively deliver the training.
- Advise local English teachers on the placement and training needs of students. Provide advice and guidance to teachers for improvement of curriculum design, training materials, student assessment and monitoring.
- Monitoring and evaluation student performance, and provide advice on placement and training needs of students, and ensure that students are making progress towards their proficiency goals.
- Review and determine the suitability and adequacy of instructional materials in relation to present or anticipated need of the students and DDD business needs. Revise or develop instructional materials to ensure high quality and fulfillment of DDD business needs and job market opportunities.
- Produce monthly progress reports to senior management team on the progress and activities of English programs.
Essential Requirements :
- Master degree in ESL, bilingual-bicultural education, linguistics, English, Speech, foreign languages, education, or a related specialty area and 3 years experience in teaching ESL to adults is required.
- Candidate must be a native speaker or equivalent and be free of speech impediments. (Fluent in English)
- Specialized knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of English as a Second Languages instruction.
- Knowledge of curriculum design, materials development, and e-learning programs and techniques.
- Knowledge of student assessment techniques and objectives to include test and measurement principles.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate, and accomplish special training studies and projects.
Interested applications should submit their CV, cover letter and 3 references to :
Human Resource Department
No 119BEo, St. 360, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
or E-mail to email@example.com and please include the position in the subject
Only short listed candidates will be notified and invited for interview.
Closing Date : 28 June 2010
Source : The Cambodia Daily (p. 19) Published : Monday, May 31, 2010